Sunday, January 24, 2010

January 24, 2010

Feeling waaaaaaaaay better today.

Sleeping about 7-8 hours two nights in a row makes a world of difference.

Getting over the sinus thingamabobber is good news too.

Went for a 6km trail run yesterday. I thought the trail up in the hills would be free of snow by now. Well it was, sorta. Snow had melted into small lakes and then frozen. Bare spots were muddy and slippery. Made for a fun and challenging run.

Did 6km in about 50 minutes. Regular warm up then 9/1. Legs felt ok probably because I was running so slowly. I iced my shins when I got home though because they've been sore lately.

Today I got all ready to go to the pool then remembered it's closed for a swim meet this weekend.

Did a great 30 minutes core/strength workout instead.

First the PT Stuff
3X5 one legged squats on the stairs
3 sets of wall squats with band around knees
side steps with band
3 sets of toe raises

Then strength and core with 3 sets of:
10 pushups
20 crunches
30 sec back bridge
45 sec plank
20 bike crunches

Then Yoga for Runners with additional stretches:
3 sets of 30 sec calf stretches
hip flexors / piriformis / ITB stretch

All of this took about an hour and I felt great afterwards.

This week coming up:

-M-
bike
-T-
run
-W- swim
-T-
run
-F-
off
-S-
bike or long run
-S-
swim and bike or long run

No comments: