Thursday, December 27, 2007

Starting Back at the Gym

Today I finally went down to the Capital News Centre and signed up for a 3-month term. My plan is to do the workout from the Triathlete Bible 3X a week. If I can go twice after school and once on the weekend, that would be best but if I have to, I'll only go once after work.

It took me awhile to figure out which machines I wanted to use and to find my 1RM. Then I had to figure out 40-60% of that 1RM for my beginning weight. Ironically enough, it was the minimum weight on most machines. It figures.

I was supposed to do the squats with a 30-35 lb bar, but the lightest bar I could find at the time was 45 lbs. I could not do 20 reps of the leg curls, and the abs workout was too hard on the decline bench so I think I'll do regular abs work with a twist, and/or on the ball.

My current goal is to do 3 sets of 20, working my way up to 5 sets of 30.

Today:

6 minute warm up on rowing machine.
10 minute cool down on bike. (I won't bother with this next time. I'd rather ride the trainer at home.)

Exercise Sets Reps Wt. (lb)
LEGS Squats 3 20 45
BACK Lateral pull-downs 3 20 2
LEGS Leg Press 3 20 2
CHEST Seated Bench Press 3 20 2
BACK Seated row 3 20 3
LEGS Hamstring curl 3 10 3
ABS Crunch, Twisting 3 20

No comments: