Saturday, November 7, 2009

November 7, 2009

Well today turned out to be a pretty good day. I had a crapola sleep last night and was lying awake for about half an hour before I remembered that I didn't have to work the next morning. Awesome feeling. :) Didn't help me fall asleep but I did get caught up on a bunch o' podcasts. Slept in till 9ish this morning so I think it was all good.

Overall, I've been feeling much better as the week has gone on. This afternoon, I went to the gym and rowed 5000m in 27:15, then I did 3 loops on the weights circuit, hitting only the upper body machines ~ 12-15 reps, 3 sets. It was my first time on weights for awhile so thought I'd better take it easy.

When I got home I did 30 minutes of yoga as well as my calf, hamstring, and hip stretches. Felt good as usual. Someone kick me on the ass and make me do yoga EVERY single night okay?? It is just SO good. (Yogamazing Podcast Episode #144 Yoga for Runners)

I think I am ready to run tomorrow. To be honest, my right ankle is kinda of sore, but I'm assuming that is all just niggling pains from forefoot running. I'm just hoping it will gradually disappear as my body gets used to the new form. So the plan for tomorrow is a 5 km trail run with a warmup and cool down hike - probably 8 k in total?

So I am still torn about ditching the orthotics and I've decided to put them back in tomorrow and take them out again when my legs are more 'ready'. If I change too many things at once, I won't know the cause of any injuries.

In other news.....

I made another batch of my awesome Creamy Roasted Red Pepper and Tomato soup. I have made a pot every weekend for last 3 weeks and I have enough for my lunch everyday during the week. I am still tweaking the recipe but I promise to post it on my food blog as soon as it is ready.

I can't believe I'm not gaining any weight. My weight has fluctuated around 120.5 -122 for the last few months, despite the fact that I have not been eating as perfectly as I should, and not doing tons of cardio. Maybe now would be a good time to cut back the calories and lose those last 5 lbs that NEVER seem to want to come off?

See you tomorrow, my friends. :)


No comments: