My buddy Phil, from Twitter and founder of Runcast TV, tagged me recently. Now I have to blog 7 things about me. So it works like this, when you get tagged, you’re supposed to share 7 things about yourself that people don’t know. So here goes my 7:
1. My dad was killed in an industrial accident when I was 15 and the impact of that tragedy is something that still affects me today.
2. I quit high school half way through grade 12 and never did graduate, yet I now have a Masters degree in Educational Administration. Go figure. :)
3. I have had many jobs over my 30 years of adult life - waitress, dishwasher, cook when I was a teen; bartender, DJ, doorperson, and manager of a night club when I was 21; farming grain, sheep, and chickens in Saskatchewan in my 20's; small business manager, book keeper, new home construction in my 30's, elementary music specialist, and now, primary teacher.
4. I love to dance to loud music - anything with a good beat will do. If music starts playing, I start dancing no matter where I am.
5. I am huge procrastinator. That probably comes as no surprise.
6. I sometimes sit cross-legged on the kitchen counter drinking wine and eating garlic prawns.
7. I have a secret wish to be a rock star. I took piano lessons until grade 9 Royal Conservatory, taught myself how to play guitar as a teen, hack on a banjo, and played flute in band in high school. I love to sing but sadly, my voice is only good enough for choir and backup, not solo. Ah well...
And then a few days later, Lisa Survillas, tagged me in the 25 things about me - yikes - so I will add another 18 things below.
8. I believe red wine goes with any food.
9. I believe chocolate is a food group.
10. The best ten days of my life (so far) were spent riding through Provence for 10 days in July 2007.
11. My hubby and I got married under a huge old tree in the courtyard of our favourite restaurant.
12. I am on my 6th Mac computer.
13. I don't like lamb or duck or game yet I'm not a picky eater. I just don't like fancy restaurants.
14. I usually kick off my shoes where ever I go.
15. I sit cross-legged on all chairs, including stools.
16. I feel like a poser at most things in life.
17. I am very uncomfortable being in large groups of people. I have nothing interesting to say and usually sit in one spot hoping someone will come to me to talk.
18. When I was a kid, I was always the owner of the neighbourhood business, the leader of the club I had started, or the writer, director, of the play. No wonder they called me "bossy".
19. I like to be involved in the organization of things that interest me - I'm a do-er, not a watcher.
20. I watch the cooking channel if I'm ever home sick.
21. I had my tonsils out when I was 8, and bunions removed from both feet when I was 19.
22. I am addicted to twitter.
23. I love 'meeting' new people on social media. I met a group of women who were all pregnant with babies due in December 1997 and we are still connected online. I have only met 2 of them in real life.
24. The fastest I have ever gone on a bike is 68.1 kmh (42.3 mph)
25. On August 24, 2007, we rode 162 miles around the lake, and climbed about 4800' in elevation, including more than a dozen hills that were over 10% grade, in 7 hours, 15 minutes. Temp was 30+C (90F). Then, about 10k from home, I was stung by a wasp and had to go to the ER because I'm allergic. I was ok so after my release, I rode the last 10k home.
OK, so now I'm supposed to tag 7/25 people who are supposed to do the same thing. Trouble is - in the time it took me to finally sit down and do this, pretty well everyone I know has been tagged by somebody else. So I'm going to do it a different way.
If you read this, and you have a blog, consider yourself 'tagged'. Do this on your own blog, link it back to me, and let me know you've done that. I'll put a link to your blog in this post.
So far I have 'tagged.' Their names will be linked once their post is done.
John Frenette AKA Hellasound
Dan Medeiros AKA Blackfonzie from Nik and Dan's 4 Feet Running
Jeff Swain from "Running with the Pack"
Susan Knight from 99.9 SUN FM in Kelowna
Gary Wall from "Kinverkid"