Monday, January 19, 2009

January 19th

OK, I figured out the strength workout schedule.

Upper body weights, and pushups challenge on run days - T, Th, Su

Lower body weights, abs, core on swim/bike days - M, W, Sa

I tried doing the core workout in my new Strength Training for Triathletes book and some of them are SO hard! I did my best and will see improvement over time I'm sure.

I rode the trainer after work today. 1 hour 15 minutes in zone 2. I had the laptop on the aerobars and participated in the chatroom in the first Triathlete's Coffee Shop on Talkshoe while I rode. Mangorunner (Tri the Mango Podcast) initiated it I think. Mango, Coach Adam, Brett from Zentri, Triboomer, Jeff from the Age Grouper and at least one other I can't remember were the 'panel' and I had fun chatting with a few fellow triathletes in the chatroom. The whole thing was very much like Runners Round Table except at a better time of day. :) You can download the episode right now at the link above or wait and download it from the Tri the Mango Podcast.

I met JerseyWillTri who I now follow on twitter, and Average Bloke who has a triathlon podcast that I just downloaded.

So here's my adjusted plan for the week:

M - bike, abs, core, lower body
T - run, upper body, pushups
W - swim, abs, core, lower body
T - run, upper body, pushups
F - rest (or bike)
S - bike, swim, abs, core, lower body
S - run, upper body, pushups

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice. Looks like a solid plan!

Kelownagurl said...

Now if I can just *follow* it. :)