Saturday, January 3, 2009

January 3rd

Well, my first podcast seems to have gone over fairly well. I had lots of positive comments from my friends and didn't receive any hate mail so it's all good!

I bought an Olympus VN-5200 PC today (a digital voice recorder) so I can record away from my home computer. I think it could come in handy for all sorts of things besides podcasting. I took with me on a run today and put the audio together for Episode #2 but I wasn't happy with it so I have not posted it yet. I am going to listen to it again on my ipod tonight and see how it sounds but I'm pretty sure I'm going to re-record it once more and try to speak more slowly and more clearly. And I'll try not to sniff so much. It's cold and I always have a runny nose when I run, what can I say? :)

I will eventually upload my podcast to a hosting site and connect with itunes, but for now, you can download (or even subscribe on itunes via "dropcast") by going to http://drop.io/kelownagirl (note the "i" in girl).

I hope to upload Episode #2 later this week.

A huge thank you to everyone who has listened and sent me feedback! I'm working on the volume issue - I know that for some of you, the volume is a bit low. Hopefully I can tweak the problems over the next week or so.

Thanks ffor listening and feel free to email me constructive criticism at kelownagurl@gmail.com

Workout


My workout today? A 4.7 km run in 39:20. Still trying to stay slow and steady, taking walk breaks to avoid shin pain.

Oh, and I did the new 200 Situps Challenge exhaustion test. 100 crunches before I got tied (and bored). I've been doing 5 sets of 2-30 crunches for a long time so this should be much easier for me than doing 100 pushups. (I am once again repeating Week 5 for the pushups challenge.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic! You are well on your way!