Monday, January 9, 2012

Down one pound, hurrah!

The week ended well - I did all my training as planned, managed to stay within reasonable limits even on Friday's steak and wine night, and lost one pound since last Monday!  :)

Friday was a rest day from training but my legs recovered really well from Thursday's hilly run and I was feeling great. On Saturday, I did my long run - 11:25 km in 1:15 - and felt good but tired after.  Sunday, I went to the gym and rowed for 30 minutes, then did a full strength workout plus some of my PT glute med. exercises.

I'm trying to find the right balance in my strength workouts so that I'm not too sore for the next few days, which affects my runs. If I do the strength stuff and include my step ups and walking lunges, it takes several days for my glutes to recover so I end up only hitting the gym once a week. This week, I tried cutting it back slightly and will hopefully be able to do another gym workout on Wednesday without affecting Thursday's hill run.  We'll see.

So anyway, it's Monday and I officially weighed in to the 10 in 10 Challenge so hopefully I can stay on the straight and narrow all week and lose another pound by next Monday.  I did my meal planning and most of my shopping and I've upped my protein and stuck with fruit and veg carbs for the most part.  It seems to be working.

I guess that's all for now. By the way, I'm going to be helping with some of the social media for the Kelowna Apple Triathlon this year so if you feel like it, hop on over to their blog and give it a follow.  I'm hoping to do some regular updates between now and the race. In addition, I'm tweeting for them and doing some updates to the facebook group.  Thanks for your support!

1 comment:

Frenchie said...

Congrats on losing!

Finding that balance for the strength/running is hard. Coach has to remind me though that it makes us stronger because, come race time, our legs are used to working when tired and it makes us stronger.

Good luck.