Saturday, February 28, 2009

Keep On Keepin' on

Having a good week. I've been really busy with report cards and work so have only been able to run and do my stretching every day during the week. I ran on Tuesday but shins felt achey for the next two days. I ran Friday instead of Thursday because I had a staff meeting and an orthodontist appointment and didn't get home until 7:30pm. As you know I usually run on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. HOWEVER, I am adjusting my plan once again. I have decided to give myself two rest days between every run day for the next few weeks and see how that goes. I'd rather do that than skip a run altogether.

And now for the most exciting news. I've been thinking a lot about what Brett from Zen and the Art of Triathlon told me. He didn't get rid of his shin problems until he got bigger shoes. I have worn size 8 shoes for most of my adult life but I'm really starting to think that I need a half size bigger. Problem is, I bought a brand new pair of runners last fall - the exact same ones I have now - but they hurt a lot after only one run so I've never worn them. Today I boxed them up and took them back and tried on some size 8 1/2's and voila! I need bigger shoes! I tried on a few pairs and ended up with New Balance 1063. I'm not really *in* to the orange (aaack) but I can live with it. I'm not supposed to run again until Monday so I will give them a gentle tryout in the gym and see how they feel so I don't get them dirty. I am SO hoping that

2 comments:

Marci said...

I don't think the orange looks bad... but thats only me!

Kelownagurl said...

Hey ya know what? They're growing on me too! I actually like the looks of them now. :)

Thanks for posting. :)