Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mid-Week Update

Tuesday evening

Well, I haven't been eating as well as I should, and my weight is steady around 120lbs as usual, but I have been doing more training in the past 10 days. Since I had close to 10 hours of training last week, this week should be a little easier, according to my new plan. I'm only going to swim twice, I'll make my midweek runs a little shorter and/or easier, and I'm not doing a long run this weekend because of the race. Since the weather is wet and cool, I won't likely do as much riding either, but if I can, I'll squeeze one in tomorrow.

Monday I did my swim while the kids had their lesson and that worked out well. It'll be nice to be able to do that for two more Mondays and be able to get my swim workout in during school hours.

This morning, I got up at 5:20am and was out the door for my run at 5:45. Only ran 4km in a half hour but I was ok with that. I'll try to do that again on Thursday if I can because it works out really well.

Tomorrow
I finally have my eye appointment and I'll be really glad to find out what the acuity of my right eye is now. I'm pretty sure that my contact lens is too strong, or else my astigmatism is worse, because my vision is really crappy right now. I'm also going to talk to him more about getting a medium contact for my left eye, to bring it a little closer to the vision in my right. The difference just seems too great to be able to see well and my brain is just not adapting, even after 4 weeks.

So, that's all for now. My bike still isn't in yet, and I haven't been called to pick up my new heart rate monitor either. Hopefully both will arrive by the weekend.

Erik's not going to Edmonton this weekend after all so he'll be able to come cheer me on in the 5k race this Sunday. That'll be nice. :)

I'll post an update tomorrow if I get any interesting news about the ongoing laser eye surgery saga....

No comments: