Monday, November 3, 2014

November 3, 2014

I've been doing a lot of failing lately.  Over the past 3-4 months, I have hardly worked out and over the summer I was enjoying food entirely too much (10 lbs up now).  I realized that each time I tried to get back on track, I was trying to do everything all at once (taking my vitamins, getting more sleep, drinking more water, healthy eating, doing my physio, and exercising 4-5 times per week). And so this time, I'm going to try picking it at one thing at a time.

For the last two weeks I've been taking my vitamins every day.  Not a lot of them, just a few supplements that were recommended.  Calcium/Magnesium/Vit D, Omega 3, Recovery (has glucosmaine), an eye vitamin for macular degeneration.  Oh and B Complex just cuz.

After two weeks, I've finally got the habit down and now it's time to add another item to the list of things I do - exercise (almost) every day.

For the past two months, I've only been hiking on the weekends.  Going back to school after the strike and only having one weekend to prepare for the school year meant something had to go - and that was exercise.  I've been working 8-5 or 8-6 every day and putting in more hours on weekends and evenings and I'm BARELY caught up. 

This was the first week I felt like I might have my head above water. That and I actually had a decent sleep last night.

So after work tonight I went for a run.  Well it really was a walk/run with more walking than running, but hey, after 2 months, you gotta start where you're at. 

It felt good to be out running (in the dark) and I loved the cool air.

I might try it again later this week.

So - vitamins for 2 weeks, exercise for 2 days.  Let's see how this goes.

No comments: