Sunday, January 19, 2014

Goals

A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned my focus has changed over the past year and I'm not as "in" to racing as I once was. However, that does not mean I no longer have goals. Here are a few things I'm focusing on right now.

Walking in the Cotswolds
* get fit, stay fit (eat well, exercise regularly)

* run a race before June

* travel in England/Scotland for 3 weeks this July 2014, including a 7(ish) day backpacking walk

* take one term off work (Sept-Dec 2015) to see what it's like to be retired

* walk the Camino de Santiago in Spain In Sept/Oct 2015 (500 miles/800km, 30-35 days)

Over the next few weeks, I will write about each of these goals as Erik and I begin to flesh out our plan. However, it is clear that most of my goals depend on the first goal and so I still must begin with 'base training' of sorts. I'm two weeks in and things are going well.  I have been able to stick to my healthy eating plan, I've lost a couple of pounds, and I've done quite well with regular exercise.

My only problem is that this week, my SI joint in my low back decided to give me some grief and I wasn't able to run or lift weights from Wednesday-Sunday. I went to my chiro on Saturday and one hip was at least an inch higher than the other. She 'fixed' it but not surprisingly, it slipped back out a little today.  I have another appointment on Thursday and I hope that will stabilize it so I can get back to working out.  Until then, I'm going to walk and do yoga.

And so, on I go. When life throws little problems, you just re-adjust and keep moving forward.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great summer! I would love to meet up once you make it over here to England in July.

Gabby :-)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great summer! I would love to meet up once you make it over here to England in July.

Gabby :-)